I will be going to my french lesson soon, so I got to make this a quick one! :D
I was awarded by several people for an award - thank you girls! ;) Guess what? 57 followers! :O
First craft: Martha Stewart Oven for Dolls
I would Love to do this craft! We are looking for the perfect box to begin.
Tools and Materials
Cardboard file box with attached lid
Scrap pieces of cardboard or cardboard boxes
Mat knife or box cutter
Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
Adhesive foam dots
Spray paint in chosen color for oven
Silver spray paint
Four plastic condiment-cup lids
Four small bottle caps
One large bottle capTemplate for knob labels
Full-sheet printable label paper
Paper fasteners (brads)
Blank or old CDs
Black permanent marker
Plastic clothes hanger
Battery-powered light (optional)
Cardboard Oven Craft How-To1. Turn box on its side so that the lid opens like the door of an oven.
2. Cut a 13-inch square piece of cardboard and glue to the back of the oven with hot glue. Cut a 6 1/2-by-9 1/2-inch hole in the box lid to create the oven-door window.
3. Add adhesive foam dots to the front corners of the box, leaving the paper backing on the exposed side.
4. Punch holes in the cardboard back for dials.
5. Spray paint entire oven and door with desired color. Allow oven to dry.
6. Spray paint condiment-cup lids silver, and bottle caps the same color as the oven. Print label template on label paper; cut out knob labels and stick to bottle caps.
7. Attach silver dials to range with paper fasteners. Hot glue bottle caps to lids, covering the fasteners.
8. With a black permanent marker, draw concentric circular lines (burner coils) on the shiny side of CDs.
9. Hot glue CD "burners" to the oven stove top.
10. Cut a 9 1/2-by-12 1/2-inch rectangle from cardboard and spray paint silver. Allow to dry. Draw lines along the length, 1 inch apart, with a ruler and permanent black marker.
11. Fasten a sheet protector to inside of oven door with double-sided tape (artwork inserted into sheet protector will show through oven window).
12. Cut a piece from the long side of a plastic clothes hanger, and spray paint silver. Allow paint to dry; adhere hanger piece to the top of the oven door with hot glue to create the oven door handle.
13. Add a battery-powered light to the inside of the oven, if desired.
Thanks to Martha Stewart for sharing this craft: More info here: http://www.marthastewart.com/269964/cardboard-box-oven-craft
Second craft! :)
Doll sized....... crock pot!!
(From Karenmomofthreecraft blog)
Isn't that adorable? The next time we go to Hobby Lobby, I am totally getting the supplies for this.
"For the main "crock-pot" I used a 3 inch paper-mache oval craft box.
spray painted the lid inside and out with silver spray paint. The
outside box was also spray painted silver. I painted the inside of
bottom box a glossy black. I then took black foam paper and glued trim
the underside of the bottom box as well as to the upper lid edge (this
to make it appear somewhat like the black insert.) I then painted
oblong beads black and attached them to the sides as handles. Next, I
black pony beads and hot glued one to the front for the dial and one to
very top for the base of the lid handle. I then painted a wood cap
and glued that on top of the pony bead to finish off the lid handle.
pony beads were hot glued in place for the feet. I used my label
make tiny Rival and Crock-Pot decals. Then I used a black sharpie
little dots to resemble the temperature settings."
Can't wait to see if you all end up doing this! :)
We are starting a new series with this blog. I got the book "Fun things to do with your doll" at an auction for only $1.00, and thought I could share everything in the book with you.
The first page was all about unique doll names.....
Have a doll but don't know what to name her?
Here are some links that might be helpful to do:
Good luck finding the perfect name!
- Once you know your dolls name, then take a piece of paper, and write her name in colored sharpy, and decorate with stickers or anything her style! :)
Hope you loved all the new crafts!
I have some doll house furniture crafts scheduled too! :D (special request).
I am now taking requests, do you want me to do a review on a certain outfit? Doll? More ??? Please let me know by commenting here or emailing me!
Thank you -